Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Misery, debris, pile up in New Orleans

So apparently things are back to normal.

I'm sorry but my compassion for the victims of Katrina is nonexistent. Let me explain. I grew up in Southeast Texas. Shortly after Katrina, Hurricane Rita devastated my hometown. The people there did not complain, but went back to their homes, cleaned up, and did not scream to the media about discrimination.

The area is racially mixed, and both black and white families returned to the Golden Triangle and went on with their lives. The contrast with New Orleans is astounding.

The Dims who controlled New Orleans, and all of Louisiana, created a culture of dependency, corruption, and entitlement that is clearly on display every time a Katrina victim or Mayor Nagin gets in front of a camera.