Friday, December 08, 2006

Let's promote a dialogue

By crucifying Santa.

This guy is very very sick. Listen I understand that people dislike the consumerism surrounding Christmas. Personally I try to keep it all in perspective.

This is the wrong way to make a point. All this does is show that this guy is a jerk that misunderstands the magic that is Christmas. Children are the true lovers of Christmas. Their souls are still pure enough to see that there really are magical things that can touch the places in our hearts that we adults have forgotten.

I love the guys justification: "I was just trying to start a dialogue."

That is the most hollow excuse I have ever heard. It is the refrain of the man who has been beaten.

A similar phrase is "Well I have the right to think what I want." Normally this is said by someone who has tried to defend an untenable position and lost.